Sunday, January 4, 2009

We're Done!

With bottles, formula and baby food that is!! Today was the official day that we threw the bottles in the trash can. Cooper has been eating table food since he turned a year old, but I just wanted to make sure he was getting enough nutrients, so I gave him a morning and an evening bottle with a little formula mixed with whole milk. Thursday was the 1st day he didn't have a bottle at all and he hasn't seemed to notice. We've not given him baby food in about 2 weeks (although I do have a couple of jars on hand just in case) and he's taken to table food like a champ. While he does have to look and feel of everything that goes in his mouth, most of it is getting into his belly!! My baby is a big boy now!

Dad is so excited to have counter space back
No more bottles to wash or prepare
The last bottle of formula was poured down the drain
Grinning from ear to ear thinking of all the money we'll be saving on formula (however, this is probably the most inexpensive time in their lives!)
I'm a little sad because this means my baby is a big boy now and there's nothing I can do to stop him from growing!
Showing off his sippy cup skills

No comments: