Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a Weekend

We had a great weekend together. The weather was nasty (rained all day Saturday), but what better way to spend time together than to go shopping!!

Marshmallows ~ the secret to happy kids
She didn't want her picture taken, but for marshmallows, she'll do just about anything!
Nothing for him in the store, so he'll take more marshmallows
Ever the lady with her purse
A putting green in the store...just what daddy ordered!
Such great form
Cooper had to get in on the action too!
Who knew shopping could be so much fun?
Next, we went out to eat. This may be the 1st time the four of us have gone out to dinner since Cooper was a baby and would lay in a booth on his belly and sleep. It's always been easier to spend our weekends at home because of Greg working so far away, I eat out almost every day, and then there is bath and bedtime, which is usually at 7:30pm. They need their 12 hours of sleep (and let's be honest, mom and dad need a couple of hours of quiet time before getting 8 hours of sleep ourselves...I love good-sleeping kids!)
This was the only picture I got at the restaurant...I do believe Greg was a little embarrassed of my camera
Bath time
We love the expression on Cooper's face when water is poured on his head!

Cooper runs to the rain water, Reagan runs from it!
Sunday afternoon, we awoke from our nap to this...SNOW!!!
It's not much now, but they're calling for 4-6 inches overnight! Stay tuned!
Dinner Sunday Night
I decided to get adventurous and try a new dish, a knock off of Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi. It turned out pretty well if I do say so myself (Reagan even asked for a second helping)!! I think this is the first time I've ever bought peppers and onions...and I know it is the first time I've ever bought wine. I stood in the wine section of the grocery store for almost 25 minutes trying to pick out a wine. A couple of phone calls later ~ and I was on my way! You know you're getting old when the teenager at the checkout doesn't even card you!!!
Dessert ~ making cookies with daddy

No comments: