Friday, November 6, 2009

This Is It

During my lunch break today, I treated myself to a movie (the 1st one in over 6 years I might add). I knew Greg would never go with me to see this documentary, so one of my co-workers went with me instead.

I needed closure ~ you see, I saw Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 on their "Victory Tour" the summer of my 4th grade year (thanks to my aunt Helen for taking me and Kim). I still have my ticket stub as a memento.

This behind the scenes look at his upcoming tour was great. Regardless of what I think of his personal life, he was a terrific artist. And at 50 years old, he kept up with the 20-something dancers quite well...and his voice was very strong. Too bad his life took the turns it did and ended the way it did.

If you get the chance and you were a fan of Michael Jackson in his heyday, I recommend you see this documentary. Two thumbs up!

No comments: