Sunday, April 5, 2009

Strawberry Banana Shortcake

This entire weekend, Reagan has been asking to make a strawberry banana shortcake. Not sure where she came up with the idea, but that's all she has wanted to make all weekend. Yesterday while we were grocery shopping we bought a pound cake mix, strawberries, bananas and Cool Whip. Today was her lucky day ~ let the baking begin.

As always, hand washing is a must
Showing me that the recipe calls for 2 eggs Pouring in the milk
Mixing the batter
Getting ready for her favorite part...quality control
mmm, mmm good
The finished product ~ pretty good if we do say so ourselves!
I was lamenting the fact that Reagan is growing up way to quickly and here is the conversation that followed:
Reagan: Let's measure how tall I am (she likes to stand beside me to see how tall she is compared to me)
Mom: You're getting way too tall
Reagan: Are you happy?
Mom: No, I'm sad that you're growing up
Reagan: Don't be sad, be happy. Let me grow, don't worry about me

No comments: