Thursday, August 27, 2009

EEEW!

WARNING....the pictures that follow are not for the faint of heart.

Greg had his follow up appointment today and everything went very well (um...almost everything, but I'll get to that in a minute). The doctor told Greg that his hand was more involved than what he thought it would be and that the insides were like concrete. But, he's very pleased with the outcome and expects a full recovery if Greg does his therapy.

Bandages removed
Just a few stitches and a few open woundsOK, now for the thing that didn't go so well. I was doing great when the bandages were removed, taking pictures and talking about the care that Greg would need from me over the next few weeks (speaking of care...I actually had to give him a bath this morning and wash his hair ~ for better or worse; in sickness and in health, right!). Anyway, when the nurse came in to clean Greg's wound, he started wincing in pain and I couldn't stand to see him hurting. So, I felt the back of my neck getting warm and my knees getting weak and I needed to sit down. Then I needed to lie down and get cold. Somehow I became the patient and Greg got off of the table so I could lie down!!! I never did pass out, but if I hadn't of gotten cold at that moment, who knows what would have happened!

Greg said he couldn't let this opportunity to take my picture pass by ~ all's fair in love and blogging I guess

We go back to the doctor in two weeks for stitch removal and fitting for a splint. Wish Greg luck that I can change his bandages and not have to "get cold"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you can't handle it and I can stop by and do it for you! That picture is hilarious! Good thing it wasn't just you and the kids! Glad the surgery went well!

Beth