Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grove Park Inn

Greg and I were blessed to be able to spend 3 nights at the Grove Park Inn this week. I worked an exhibit at a conference that was held at the Inn, so Greg got to spend the nights with me. We had a great time just being a couple, but couldn't wait to see our kids after 4 days without them! Thanks again to Gigi and Bubba for holding down the fort while we were gone!

The Grove Park Inn
We stayed in the historic part of the hotelHistoric = not remodeled in 50 years!!
the bathroom
funny story ~ I had checked in, gotten to my room & 5 minutes later the power went out...and was out for almost 2 hours. This picture was taken in complete darkness.
The National Gingerbread House competition was being held while we were there. Not sure why this picture didn't completely upload, but just imagine a finished birdhouse. This was the 2009 Grand Champion Gingerbread House
This was the youth division champion

the next few shots are gingerbread houses that I thought were pretty good


Greg & I in a picture...together!
I asked a couple to take a close up, and this is what we got
I then asked if she would take a "head shot" and this is what we got. Oh well, no one takes pictures like I would do it, but at least we have a picture of us together!
The Christmas tree in the middle of the inn
Our last morning there, it began to snow

The great fireplace

No comments: