Monday, August 23, 2010

Open House

This afternoon was the kindergarten orientation/open house at Reagan's school. We met her teacher, Ms A, and the teaching assistant, Ms G. Reagan also met all of her new classmates ~ all 23 of them. There are 14 boys and 9 girls in the class.

Reagan was so excited ~ I was so sad...she just shouldn't be this old and ready to start kindergarten. She does know a couple of kids in her class already, so that makes me feel a little (very little) more at ease. We'll see how I am on Thursday, her first official day of school!

The kids all sat on the carpet as they came to orientation
Ms A introducing herself to the children
Ms A asked them to raise their hands if they were excited about starting kindergarten.
Ms A read a story about starting kindergarten to the kids, then they were allowed to go outside on the playground while the parents learned all about what they would be doing in kindergarten this year.

Of course, I was the only parent there with a camera. But I couldn't let this momentous occasion pass us by without a picture or two (or 10!). I hope I didn't embarrass Reagan too bad!

No comments: